Kitchen cabinets take enough abuse. They suffer from cooking splatter, accidental spills, and a barrage of fingerprints. But still the hardworking lower and upper tend to get shorter shrift during weekly cleaning. Hence, by the time you realize that they are not being cared for, dirt, grime, and great might have build up significantly. This can be even more difficult when you have vintage cabinets.
To get those vintage kitchen cabinets in pristine condition, you will have to follow a few easy steps. Let’s take a look at them.
1. Empty Out the Cabinets
You might choose to stagger cabinet cleaning instead of attempting it in a single day as you will have to temporarily store or remove the content on other areas, such as the countertops. When you have emptied the vintage cabinet, discard the shelf paper if required. Wipe the dust and crumbs and vacuum.
2. Handle the Tops
When your cabinets do not touch the ceiling, there is an open space at the top that can be dust magnet. So, get a strong ladder or stool. In case it is only a dust that has accumulated at the top, just use a handled duster to clean it. You can also use a round brush attachment of a vacuum.
When grease combines with dust, removing it can be difficult for your vintage cabinet cleaning mission.
- Squirt the surface of the cabinets with vinegar and sprinkle a little baking soda. Allow it to rest for a few minutes.
- Scrub the surface of the cabinets with a soft sponge and then scrape them off with a firmer edge, such as an old credit card. Then wipe off the gunk with paper towels or a rag.
- Spray a little white vinegar once more and wipe it using a clean cloth.
3. Prepare a Gentle Cleaner
Your goal is to clean without damaging the vintage kitchen cabinet. So, here is what you have to do-
- Spray a mild dishwashing liquid in hot water to create an effective and safe formula to use on the finished wooden surface. It will help in getting rid of the dirt, moderate grease build-up, and smudges giving the solution a sanitizing aspect. To give it antibacterial properties, add a little white vinegar.
- Put the solution in a spray bottle and spray a little on a sponge or microfiber cloth instead of spraying it directly on the surface since it can damage the wood.
4. Clean from High to Low
Start with uppers and then make your way down the vintage wholesale cabinet set. Clean the interiors first- the back walls, the sides, the drawers, and the shades. Pay extra attention to the corners of the cabinet. Spray the cleaning solution on a toothbrush and then scrub it off gently.
Follow up the process with a lightly moistened sponge or cloth with plain water for removing soap residue. Wipe off the residue completely after rinsing and close the kitchen cabinets when you are done. Make sure that you clean the sides first and then do the drawers and door fronts.
5. Treat the Grease
Grease is a common problem for kitchen cabinets. To clean the discount kitchen cabinet set, you can prepare a mild paste of baking soda and water in a ratio of 1:2. It is an affordable weapon against yellowish, sticky grease build-up.
Apply the paste to the grease and allow it to rest for several minutes. Then use a soft-bristled brush to scrub it off gently. Rinse it using a microfiber cloth, sponge, or moist rag. Then dry.
In case you choose to handle grease with a commercial product, test it on a spot first. You have to be careful with the magic erases as these have a texture of super-fine sandpaper, which can damage the wood finish.
Apart from this, if you want to know about 7 Tips & Tricks to Give Your Kitchen a New Look then please visit our Kitchen category